Admissions - Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked question concerning Admissions to Whybridge Junior School (WJS)

• WJS is a Junior School - Year3 - Year 6 pupils.
  • WJS is a Two Form Entry of 30 pupils per class.

Who do I contact if I want to send my child/ren to (WJS)?

All admissions are done through a Central Admissions Office which is based in Romford in the Borough’s offices.

• Please visit the website: Admissions
  • Application forms need to be downloaded. The form required is called “In Year Common Application Form - ICAF.
  • All applications must be supported by the relevant paperwork that is listed, ie: proof of address etc.

What do I do if I want to send my child to WJS mid term/year?

Please follow the above information taking special note that Section B MUST be completed by your child’s current school.

What do I do if I am new to the country OR new to the borough?

These applications must be done in person. Your child MUST accompany the parent/carer to the:

Public Advisory Centre - Mercury House - Romford RM1 3SH

The centre is open for applications on Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings, between 9.30am - 12.30pm. You will be seen in order of arrival. No appointments are offered.

• Please note: The Public Advisory Centre is NOT open on the last Wednesday of each month.

What if there are no spaces in the Year Group I need?

You will be advised by the Admissions Team as to what will happen in this case. Please do not contact WJS.

How do the Borough know if WJS has spaces available?

Every Friday the school reports its figures to the Borough. Each Year Group is reported and the Borough has this on file. Enquiries to the Borough will give you the most up to date information.

What do I do when my child/ren is/are successful in gaining a place at WJS?

You will be notified by the Borough when you child has been successful in gaining a place at WJS. The admissions officer of WJS - Mrs Whitehead - will contact you to arrange a convenient time to come into school to complete school’s paperwork. Mrs Whitehead will also ask that your child/ren be present so you can be given a tour of the school as well as meet your new class teacher.

Any relevant questions pertaining to WJS will be answered at this appointment.

CEOPS
Guestbook